Additional weight, Variations Import -TM EXTRA PRODUCT OPTIONS

This topic is: Not Resolved
  • In Progress
    Posted in: Feature request  
  • fugglesby

I've been rebuilding my website based around this plugin and I'm loving it. It's made my whole website better looking in the frontend and a billion times less complicated in the back.
    I run a knife website where people build their own knives by length, material, sheath type etc and it's a pretty extreme application for this plugin but it's handling it all relatively well.
    2 things that are holding it back right now.

Currently on some products I can run the entire options through this plugins but on others I have to run a hybrid of this and the standard woocommerce variations. This is because some of the differences in my variations are big enough to require different shipping weights, for example a 12" knife shipping for 1kg and a 18" blade shipping for 1.5kg. If it was possible to assign + (amount) kg weight to specific additional options then I could move to using this plugin entirely. This would lead to a cleaner product page and simpler backend still.

My second suggestion would be to alter the way that imports deal with conditional logic that features variations. Currently on import these sections all come up as blank when I'm copying a set of options over to a new product I then have to reconfigure all the logic for this and it takes millenia. If it carried this info over and flagged red in the case of a clash that would be a big timesaver and a boost to integration. From a bit of research I've seen that this is because it runs off variation ID's which are not identical between products. A potential solution might be rather than going off variation ID this could be swapped to matching the text in the variation titles? This could also be split into a separate conditional logic setting. By variation for exact variations and by Attributes for what I'm suggesting. It could also then be used to target any variations with a specific blade length included as well as opening up better csv capability.

I also think you could charge more! This plugin is fantastic

• This topic was modified 4 years by fugglesby.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ThemeCompleteSite Admin
    You must be logged in to see this reply.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

No access!

You do not have permission to post to this forum.